That plan has turned into a reality as Google today announced the official launch of Google Adsense for Games via Google Adsense Blog.
Google has already partnered with some of the major game developers and publishers including Konami, Playfish, Zynga, Demand Media and Mochi Media. They have also got a hand full of on beta advertisers to test their system such as Esurance, Sprint, and Sony Pictures. Basically this new program – Adsense for Games will allow social games and flash-based web games to integrate video, text and image ads into the games.
Official Google Blog writes:
As a beta user of AdSense for Games, you can display video ads, image ads, or text ads within your online games to earn revenue. You’ll be able to show these ads in placements you define, such as interstitial frames before a game, after a level change, or when a game is over.
Here’s a quick video that will give everyone a good idea of what kind of games are part of the adsense network and how advertisers can use this medium to reach their target audience:
Publisher’s Eligibility for Google Adsense for Games
- must have a minimum of 500,000 game plays
- 80% of site’s traffic must be from the U.S. or the U.K
- Only Web-Based Flash Games are allowed
- The Publisher must be technically capable of SDK integration
- The Content of the publisher’s site has to be family safe and targeted at users age 13 and up
- Must be able to report embed destination and have control over where games are distributed
Apply for AdSense for Games Beta Publisher