Your customer is always searching for you online, and even though you have your Pay Per Click Advertising campaign running – they may not find you! Google Inside Adwords blog has recently posted a video, highlighting some of the best practices of writing your Google Adwords Ad copy. [If you are viewing this via Email - click here to watch the video]
Write Better Pay-Per-Click Ads – Follow Google’s Guideline
- Use your keywords in the ad text as it will appear in bold when your potential customer performs a search using those keywords.
- Be specific when creating your ad. An Ad that is very general in nature is less likely to do well compared to an ad which is very specific.
- Include a Special Officer or Unique selling point in your ad copy. Example – 10% discount, Free home delivery etc.
- Include a call-to-action in your ad. Think about what would you want your customers to do after they see your ad and state that clearly in your ad copy. Example – Buy now while stock lasts!, Request a Free Quotation etc.
- Make your ad text inter capitalized. Capitalize the first letter of each word in your ad copy as it looks more professional and has more chances of being seen and clicked.
- Don’t take your customer to your home page once they click on your ad. Instead take them to a specific landing page that supports your ad copy and the product that you are selling.